Benefits of Guided Implant Surgery – Beaufort, Bluffton and Hilton Head
Dental implants allow patients who have experienced tooth loss to regain their fully functional and natural-looking smiles. Implant dentistry is one of the latest advancements in tooth replacement, and although freehand implant placement has long been a proven approach, our computer-guided implant placement systems have taken this innovative procedure one step further.
Putting into practice his extensive expertise and experience, Dr. Mohler uses guided implant surgery technology to locate optimal implant positioning, secure the best aesthetic outcome, and reduce overall surgery time.
Precise and Accurate
From the initial cone beam computerized tomography (CBCT) scans that are analyzed by Dr. Mohler for implant placement planning to the intra-operative procedure itself, computer-guided implant surgery ensures precise and accurate implant placement. The information gathered by our cone beam scanner is used to:
- Evaluate bone and vital structures.
- Ensure there is adequate bone for implant placement.
- Verify the safety of important structure and nerves.
- Create a surgical template that is used to determine the best locations for implant placement.
At Chris Mohler DDS, LLC, we understand that the goal is not the placement of the implant itself, but rather the effect that the placement of the crown (on the implant) has on bite and aesthetics. Sadly, we have seen many crowns that have been placed in the wrong position during freehand implant surgery, resulting in uncomfortable and unsightly outcomes.
Safe Protocol – Beaufort, Bluffton and Hilton Head
Dr. Mohler’s unsurpassed level of training when it comes to implant placement with the Guided Surgery Protocol ensures precision and safety, narrowing the chances of damaging a nerve or blood vessel to almost zero. He takes a Cone Beam Computerized Tomography (CBCT) image to:
- Develop a comprehensive surgical plan by manipulating, rotating, slicing, and segmenting it.
- Gather data regarding the density and contours of the bone for surgical planning.
- Determine position, depth, and angle of the implant to be placed.
- Design exact location of crown and then the placement of the implant accordingly.
- Fabricate a surgical guide to be placed over the adjacent teeth during placement to control position, depth, and angle of implant.
Customizing treatment and making decisions according to your particular case is our specialty. Guided implant technology allows us to see the structures of your jaw, teeth, and surrounding tissue, ensuring proper placement of the implant and minimizing the risk of unexpected complications.
Informative and Detailed
Guided implant technology consists of detailed scans of the oral structures. This not only helps us in our planning and operative procedures, but the images are used to explain the dental implant process to our patients – not commonly provided by general dentists – educating them more extensively on the details of their oral health.
Convenience and Comfort
There are a variety of reasons why computer-guided implant placement provides benefits to our patients that are not available in traditional implant surgery. Computer-guided implant surgery provide:
- Digital impressions rather than requiring patients to use actual impression material in their mouth.
- Immediate dental function following the procedure.
- Visual access for doctors to compromised jawbone and unique structures.
- Reduced surgical time because a precise template eliminates guesswork.
At Chris Mohler DDS, LLC, we are able to ensure a more desirable outcome every time, by using computerized software to fully visualize the anatomy surrounding the implant locations and plan accordingly. Our cutting-edge technology allows Dr. Mohler to pinpoint the exact position of planned restorations before positioning and placing implants. Guided implant surgery is prosthetically driven with one goal in mind: precise placement of the crown that replaces your missing tooth.
We are currently accepting new patients and would love to help you take your smile to the next level, and especially if you are living in Beaufort, Bluffton, Hilton Head or Charleston, please complete our Contact Form to request an appointment.